Thursday, September 3, 2009

Roswell, New Mexico


Here we are in the hometown of the aliens. Did you know that their landing was supposed to have happened in 1947? I don't think I knew exactly what year it is recorded as happening... now I am informed.

Janice and I had a fun time shopping for fabric at a quilt shop in Carlsbad. They had a rack that had bolts of fabric for 50% off and if you bought the remainder of the bolt it was 75% off... so we bought one that had 11 yards left, and we will split it in half when we get to the cabin. Hopefully we will both find a quilt that needs a backing and this one will work. When we were at the cutting table I got a call from Ron who was at the Museum down the street a bit with Barney. He said there was a whole room setup with quilts ready for an upcoming quilt show... and the museum was closing in 1/2 hour. He suggested we hustle along. The quilts were great and Janice got a free print of a painting that was a gift from the Museum... Ron & I had been there before and already had the print.

We are now at our hotel in Roswell. Janice asked if we were in danger of an alien attack during the night... I assured her we were safe from aliens... at least the type of aliens she was referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment