My weatherman husband has told me more than once there is going to be a change at the end of the week... he just didn't tell which week and what kind of change. It certainly hasn't cooled down any... but he did say there is going to be a change soon. I guess that means sooner or later. Meanwhile 100 + is the norm... every day, and has been since sometime in July I think. Feels like an oven outside most of the time.
Back a few months ago, I think I just went to session number 5 of this 6 month, once a month quilt class. I found out in the second session that the blocks for this quilt were all taken from the library files in EQ. The quilt was to be made from Batiks and each person was to make their own choice for the background. The picture of the example used a very dark batik that almost looked black. I don't like working with black fabric. It is difficult to see what you are working on sometimes. After our first class where we were given the fabric for the first block, minus the background, we went out of the class and selected the fabric for our individual background. I picked my background based on these first fabric pieces.
The upper right hand corner block is the final block, and there are only 4 of them. Three of the blocks in this quilt required 8 blocks of each. I have one more to complete of this last one and I will be ready to sew on to the last strip for the bottom. I showed the two border fabrics I found in a post I put out there back a couple weeks ago. I did the first center block with the templates provided in the class, then I figured out the blocks were from EQ, so I printed paper piecing templates for the remaining blocks, except for the turquoise and lavender blocks which were just simple squares. When I get on a roll, it is hard to slow me down. The last block that is the corner block shown above is not even going to be given to us until the next class at the end of September. I anticipate having the borders on before then, so I might end up not going to the last class. I'm hoping the borders will improve the looks of this quilt. At this point I'm not real impressed with how this is turning out. The blocks and colors don't seem to make a good presentation. I have had to fill in with shortages in the fabric provided in the class, but mostly the choices were made for me. The only difference I have made is my choice of background.