Friday, June 8, 2012

Another quilt for the wall

This is a quilt that I completed the piecing about 4 years ago.  When I finished it I folded it nicely into a box, put the box on a shelf and made a mental note that one day I would make time to quilt it.

I did alot of the piecing on this quilt in the loft of our cabin out in Colorado. With the cabin not being ours anymore, this quilt brings fond memories to mind.

It measures just shy of 80" square.  It really would not be big enough for our bed and I think one reason it stayed so long in the box is because it had no destination in mind.

Earlier this week we moved some furniture around that opened up a big space on the wall in our living room.  I knew I had plenty of quilt tops finished, but not quilted yet.  So between Ron and I we decided this was the one that I would quilt to fill the space.  None of the quilts on the walls have to stay where they are.  That is one of the reasons a quilter needs to have lots of quilts around.  Changing out the quilts on the wall can change the whole look of a room.

 


As I stood back to take this picture I looked to the left and saw another great picture opportunity... there is another quilt hanging over our bed.  Almost like a quilt gallery.

1 comment:

  1. Hello fellow blogger!!! I just nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Have a wonderful day!!!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete