Thursday, August 15, 2019

Quilt Shuffle





This is Seamus.  He was the finishing touch for the new look in our guest bathroom... that was until we went to retrieve my Purple Spin from the quilt shop.  When we got home I was envisioning a good place for the Purple Spin would be over the front door.  Ron asked me to consider his vision of seeing "the turtle" over the door where everyone could see him.  It didn't take me long to agree that over the door would be the perfect home for Seamus.


With his position over the door, the detail is up out of range to inspect very close, but when it was in the bathroom... the size of the bathroom didn't allow anyone to back up and get a good look at the whole picture.


 Before we went to retrieve the Purple Spin from the quilt shop, I was considering selling it because I thought I really didn't have a place to hang it. I really liked the quilt very much and did not want to have it sitting in a stack of finished quilts. Turns out some quilts just have a way of working themselves into the perfect spot.

Now the Purple Spin is quite happy taking over the bathroom.  It isn't necessary to back up to get the full impact of the color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment