Saturday, June 13, 2020

One day in June...



First, since it has been a while since I last stopped by here to update... the geese have flown the coop.  They did not all leave together.  Original family was seven, then there were only four, and finally one.  It has been a couple weeks since we last saw that lone goose.

This picture was not one of my originals, but I saved it when I ran across it online... because it made me smile.
.
Someone made the comment the other day that I should have a GoPro hanging around my neck so I could catch on camera when I get into some of the situations that seem to follow me around. Made me think how easy it is to snap a shot of what is going on cause my phone is usually not too far away. Most are not picture worthy, but could add a smile the next day or week when I look back.

It was not the first thing I did today,  but I remember when we were having breakfast that I mentioned it might be good to mow the lawn this morning before it got too hot outside.  A little later when I heard the lawn mower, I thought it would also be good to get some weeding done... my flower beds out front were looking pretty crowded.


My flower beds are looking better than they did yesterday, but they still need to have some sprucing up.  I have tried to be good about watering, which is very important if you want anything to survive here in the summer.  With the empty spaces more defined after my work this morning, maybe I can get inspired to find some new plants to add some new color.

The hummingbirds actually like the purple one on the left... but I don't even remember what the plant is.



A couple weeks ago I got Ron to help me put up some lattice work on one end of the porch.  It is basically to create a frame for the Queen's Tears plant in the macrame plant hanger I made. First macrame in a while and I was very impressed with the end result. Soon I hope to have a couple more made for the other Queen's Tears that still only have a chain and hook.


I actually got into another project after lunch today, but there is another whole story that goes along with that, and I am likely to be less busy tomorrow... besides this is long enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment