Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another quilt done

I have been quilting up a storm.  I just finished quilting my 4th quilt in two weeks.  There is alot going on this time of year, so finding the time to get these done has been a challenge.  I delivered the third one yesterday and today I finished the 4th.  After you have been quilting for a while, one would think you'd learn what not to do.  This last quilt was very small, but I created a challenge that didn't need to be there.  I found the most perfect thread to go with the patterned fabric.  The thread I used was variegated and picked up almost all the colors.  This worked fine in the setting squares and triangles and the solid points on the star, but when I was stitching on the patterned fabric, I absolutely had the hardest time seeing where I was going.  The thread totally disappeared into the fabric.  I think it turned out pretty good, but I did cross the line... more than once.

We had our Christmas party yesterday for our Monday quilting group.  Lots of quilters showed up and we had lots more food than we needed, but it was all really great.  The lady who hosted the party this year had a lovely home that accommodated all of us very comfortably... and on fine china... no paper plates.  I would not have enough settings for that many people... at least not all the same that is.

 I have not sat down at my sewing machine for a couple days... the quilting machine does not count.  I need to make time to work on some of my own quilts, like my Farmer's Wife Sampler.  I think I have 68 blocks done now.  After I pulled out the Chicken Scratch quilt the other day I found a scripture reference that I want to embroider on the white sashing.  I'm getting excited about finishing this quilt now that it has been re-discovered.  

It's getting really close to Christmas when people will be busy getting ready.  Stay focused and get those little projects done that you need to do before next week ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment