Monday, July 3, 2017

Best Brownies yet!




Found a new way to take plain brownies to a new level 


This inspiration came about after we were unable to find the new treats we had found at Sam's called Brownie Brittle.

We started experimenting with a Ghirardelli Brownie mix and the pizzelle press.  The pizzelle press was a bust.  The batter was a totally wrong consistency for the pizzelle press and did not show potential, so next I put some parchment paper on my cookie sheet and spread the batter around pretty thin. 

Baked it at
325° as the package indicated, but took a guess at the time because no pan size was close.  I left the pan in for 25 minutes.  These brownies turned out great. 

   






Next batch was not Ghirardelli as Sam's was out, but they did have Betty Crocker.
I basically follow the box directions, except when it calls for vegetable oil, I use coconut oil. 

This second batch we decided to try a slight change and eliminate the cookie sheet. I spread the brownie mix on a sheet of parchment paper the size of my large cooling rack.
This made the brownies about 1/4" thick. 
 
I then slid the parchment paper onto the cooling rack.  The oven was preheated to 325°as usual and baked for 25 minutes.  This helped the brownies to be the same crispness all across with no softer center like those baked on the cookie sheet.

I was questioned as to why I had not added any nuts to my brownies... after I had already spread the brownie mix on the parchment paper.  Decided to try another experiment and chopped about a half cup of pecans and sprinkled them over the batter before I put them in the oven.  These also turned out great.

When I took the brownies out of the oven, I immediately slid the parchment sheet to the counter and used my pizza cutter to score the hot brownies.  When the brownies are this thin and crisp they only crumble if you try to cut them when they are cooled.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment