1 med onion, chopped
1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
1 med cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups)
1 carrot, finely shredded
2 (15 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
2 (8 count) packages crescent rolls
1 1⁄2 cups cheese, shredded
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef and onion together until the meat is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrot; steam until they are tender.
- Combine the beef and cabbage mixture, soups and seasonings together and keep warm.
- Lightly spray a 9"x13" pan or casserole with cooking spray.
- Take one package of the crescent rolls and lay out in the bottom of the pan. Press lightly to form a "crust" and sealing as well as you can. Press gently up the sides of the pan about 1/4" - 1/2" high.
- Bake crust in a preheated 350 degree oven about 7 minutes to give it a chance to bake thoroughly.
- Take the pan out and pour the hamburger & cabbage mixture over the under-cooked crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Take the 2nd pack of crescent rolls and lay on top of the pan.
- Bake another 35 - 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.