Monday, January 8, 2018

Greetings from Ohio

In June when my grand daughter came to visit me in Texas, I had no idea what was to follow.  Her wish was to learn how to quilt, and she was very hopeful that she could complete a queen size quilt to return home with.  She was a very good student, and we used pre-cut fabric... mostly, and Grandma kept the momentum going to make sure the mission was accomplished.  She did an awesome job of piecing the strips and squares together, and got a little quilting on the longarm done before she turned it over to Grandma to finish.  She did do the binding.  So having never quilted before she came to Texas, she went home after 10 days with a quilt that was completed.  She had lots of help, but she had a full spectrum experience with quilting her first quilt.

Fast forward a few months, and here I am in Ohio in my new house, just minutes away from a few members of my family.  As I reflect back on how my grand-daughter's visit got me thinking about all the family time I was missing, I am now reminded of all the memories I acquired in Texas.  This is a group with some of my dear friends in Texas, and in the background is the quilt they presented to me as a reminder of all those precious memories.

I have not been very good about keeping my page updated, but I will make an attempt to post some of what is going on in my new life experience back here in Ohio. I won't make any promises though cause "things" have a way of getting busy sometimes, and before you know it months can go by. 


1 comment:

  1. We miss you in Texas! But, there is nothing like spending time with your family! Continue to enjoy your new surroundings and new friends!

    ReplyDelete