Saturday, January 13, 2018

Snow

Weather guy on TV noted that it was 1,057 days since there was this much snow in a storm. Although snow was not on our list of things we missed from the north while we were in Texas, if you don't have to get out to go somewhere, it really is pretty. 













 With our short driveway and minimal sidewalk, getting a small electric snowblower appears to have been a good choice.  What I am really pleased about is we were able to give my daughter a tip on how she could get her snowblower started.  Earlier this winter she acquired her large, gas powered snowblower thanks to her Dad, and she was not able to get it started.  It would not have been a good morning for her without a snowblower, as her driveway is way longer than ours.

I didn't give my quilting friends much notice for the exact date of my departure, so it was an especially big surprise when they presented me with my memory quilt. Their first names were embroidered on each block, and most of the fabric they used was from my stash.  They did a fabulous job, and I wanted to be sure that a few years down the road that I would remember each one of these beautiful ladies... and their full names. Every good quilt deserves a good label, complete with date.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed working together on the quilt. Beautiful label!

    ReplyDelete