Saturday, June 23, 2018

Doors and more...

It will take a while to get things situated where they need to be, but little things can make a new home start to feel more comfortable.  I have several quilts that need to find their place on the walls of my new gallery, so tacks and pre-positioned nails are helping my front entrance to look a little more like home.

  Christmas cactus likes the light that comes through the door, and that silhouette quilt might just stay where it is...  it kind of looks like it belongs there.  I am thinking a quilt needs to go around the corner on the wall above this smaller quilt.  That might take some figuring as I have never hung a quilt around a corner before, nor one quite so high up.

I have two back doors, one goes into the garage and the kitchen has a door to the back porch.  My sister sent me a table topper that has ended up... at least temporarily, as a door topper over my washer and dryer.  Those bi-fold doors are new... previously there were sliding doors that somehow just don't belong in front of a washer and dryer.

 I won't get around to a garden quite yet, but my garden art needed to get out of the garage and my porch said dress me up. Seems there is a good breeze that comes through my back porch and makes my wind chimes sing.

One of our projects will be to replace the outside lights as they are all missing their tops.  Of course this makes the birds happy with a nest protected from the sun and rain, and high enough so the wind is minimal.  The close-up here is from the light fixture by the door and I used a selfie stick with my phone to see if there were any eggs in the nest.  Mamma wasn't too happy, but I didn't disturb anything.  Once the babies have flown the nest, these lights are on their way out. This nest belongs to a dove... the other nests around are barn swallows, of which there are many in the neighborhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment