Monday, June 25, 2018

Let the quilting begin!


This small quilt was finished today for a very dear friend.  The significance of this quilt is it was the first to be completed on my longarm in its new location in my upstairs quilting room.  I now have both my longarm and the embroidery machine up and running.  The quilting room is smaller than either of the previous two locations for my longarm, so it took time to organize the room so all would fit comfortably. We also installed new LED lighting which is awesome. Lighting can make such a difference when paying attention to detail.








It still may be a little longer before I am able to get into any serious quilting, but having my machines set up and ready for action is encouraging.

Blocks and borders are not limited to quilting... counter tops can present an opportunity to create a different kind of masterpiece. This was a joint effort, but I think it turned out marvelous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment