Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Mid week in Mid July...

 It is the time of year for the Tour de France.  I like to watch here and there while Ron is absorbing almost every moment.  The tour gives an amazing view of the French countryside and mountains and coastline.  Having never been to Europe I am continually amazed at how neat some of the towns and villages are clustered... and how green everything is. The architecture of some of the structures is totally amazing. Oh yes, and there are some amazing bike riders out there.



I am trying to start a new trend... fresh flowers for my countertop.  I think it is into the third week since my first bouquet on my new counter.  I have been buying my cut flowers from the floral department at the grocery store.  At $3.98 a bouquet, they are my little ray of sunshine for a minimal cost.  They last about a week and they make me smile.  I added the green ones today.  There were a couple of the yellow left from last time that are still looking pretty good.  It would be neat to be able to cut flowers from my own garden... one of these days.



A cool gift we recently received... Ron thought the mirror behind the counter would create an opportunity for a neat picture to show both sides of this cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment