Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Tuesday's Table Time

 

Sliders anyone? Back when I was first introduced to Sliders I was living in Ohio and I did not even know you could get a Slider with cheese on it. When... many years later, I saw Sliders in the frozen food section of a local store, they had cheese on them. Well first of all a frozen White Castle just didn't seem right, and with cheese was just wrong. We have been here 20 years now, so I guess I have softened my stance a bit... I have bought frozen White Castles, and they did have cheese, and they were not bad. A couple years ago I found a recipe online for Sliders. I tried the recipe and they actually turned out pretty good, and I even put cheese on them, which is just fine... but if I do get to go to a real White Castle back in Ohio, I am quite sure that I would not order my Sliders with cheese.

This was my choice for the Tuesday group this week.  I typically surprise them, but this was a repeat.  I think I did this for them the first week I had them here for lunch on Tuesday.  I made the rolls from scratch, which really isn't necessary, but I wanted these to be extra special.  They were good enough that they all wanted a to-go box when they left.  Oh, and I made some fig cookies for an added sweet touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment