Friday, July 19, 2024

Focaccia

 Focaccia Bread was always something I thought I would like to make, but never got around to it until a couple days ago.  I stumbled on a new cook/recipe blogger that made it look interesting enough to give it a try.  I'm not opposed to trying any type of bread, this one just looked like a foo-foo kind of bread with all the fancy veggie artwork I typically see on top of the Focaccia Bread.  This recipe was only with rosemary on top, and I have lots of rosemary.  First step of the process is to combine the first 4 ingredients, cover it and put it in the fridge overnight.  I got my dough in the fridge and went outside and got a branch of rosemary to have ready for the morning when I would be starting the next step.  Before I had a chance to add the rosemary I talked to Z and she said she really liked Focaccia bread, but always picked the rosemary off.  That is when I decided I would use Everything Bagel seasoning on top of mine instead.  I love rosemary, but I guess it wasn't supposed to go on my Focaccia bread.

This is one of the easiest breads I have ever made.  Analysis of this bread when it was done... not sure what words could express just how good tasted.  Everything Bagel was perfect and the crumb/chew was right where I would want it to be. The best part is Ron likes it almost as much as I do, and that doesn't happen very often.

Fast forward a couple days and I have now made my first Focaccia video.  I have lots to learn about making a video.  I didn't do much editing on the video... it really did need some editing, but it wasn't all that bad.  It was only showing the first steps in the process, putting the ingredients together.  The dough is in the fridge and will be baked in the morning.  I think the only change I will do this time is to bake it in one pan.  The two pie pans worked beautifully, but I want to see how it would work in a square format.

No comments:

Post a Comment