Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last day of June


 June has been a good month.  Lots of busy-ness happened.  Among all the busy times we had two birthdays here in our house, and we took an unplanned trip to Ohio.  Being busy is usually a very good thing, especially when you can finish a project or two.  It has been a couple weeks since I had a quilt on my frame, and I completed two quilts in the past two days.  These were quilts that my sister sent me from North Carolina.   I have one more table runner to quilt for a friend, then I can put one of my own quilts on my frame.

I have another quilt that belongs to a friend at church.  The quilt needed to be repaired and he thought who better to fix it than Sallie.  He brought the quilt to me several weeks ago and said he was not in a hurry... I put it on my to-do list.  Today I picked it up and got it repaired.  So tomorrow I can call Jim and tell him the quilt is done, and I can mail off the two quilts to my sister.

On top of all my quilting, today I made a great dinner, and it was not late.  It isn't uncommon for me to get so involved in the project I am in the middle of that I forget that it is lunchtime.  I saw a recipe online that looked real interesting and I have been wanting to make it for more than a week.  Today was the day for Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken.  The significance with this recipe is I changed almost everything in it and it turned out great.  A recipe is great when it gets a thumbs up from my husband.  I gave it a new name and found an image that would work. 

 Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken

8 oz of uncooked angel hair pasta
1 1/2 cup of cooked chicken, cubed
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil (I used dried basil)
2 oz of shaved parmesan cheese

Cook pasta in boiling salted water.  Add the peas to the pot in the last 2 minutes of cooking time for the pasta. Drain the pasta in a colander, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta liquid.  Return pasta to pan, set aside.

Heat oil, butter and garlic in skillet over medium heat for 1 minute or until butter melts. Stir in the chicken - if chicken is cold, stir it around in pan until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat and pour the chicken mixture over the pasta, add the reserved liquid, lemon juice and S & P.  Toss the pasta until nicely coated.

Serve hot with about a tablespoon of basil sprinkled on top and drizzle of olive oil and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment