Friday, August 31, 2018

August silliness

When you buy a new house... it takes a while to get settled in. Lots of changes have taken place already to make this our home.  We arrived here with my car and Ron's truck.  It took a couple of weeks or maybe close to a month, after our arrival, to get the garage cleared enough on one side to get my car in.  When we bought Ron's new Mustang, it became a new focus for projects to be done... clear the other side of the garage.  Yesterday we worked at clearing the other side of the garage till shortly before noon.  Next on the agenda was lunch, which I started, as we had a new living room set being delivered between 12 and 4.  I figured we would have plenty of time for lunch, but before I could get the onions sautéed I got the call from the delivery guys and they were going to be there in 20 minutes and we had not taken the old set out yet.  We got the old set out and the floor cleaned in record time.  I don't think it was much more than 10 minutes... not 20 like they said. Whoever heard of delivery guys arriving earlier than expected. We have the double reclining love seat and single recliner pretty much where it needs to go and Sugie has already claimed his spot on the middle seat.  Right now I have a couple quilts in place to keep the seats as cat hair free as possible.

I have had my new washing machine for a while already, but it still does not fit my idea of what a washing machine is supposed to be.  Trouble is when we were looking, none of them have the spinner in the middle anymore.  This machine vibrates instead of spinning... I guess there is a certain amount of spinning that still happens, but it is not like anything I ever imagined for  a washing machine.  Today when I opened the lid to take the clothes out, this small quilt looked like an oversized bowl of bread dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment