Friday, September 14, 2018

Mid September


Ron called me out to the front porch the other evening... and suggested that I should come now.  Beautiful clouds can change... quickly.  I just happened to have my phone handy to capture the magnificent display.

My quilt room has had a few updates in the process of transforming this former bedroom into my den of creativity.  The lighting was upgraded a few weeks ago, but in an attempt to capture the new valances in two of the upstairs rooms, I made another discovery... the difference that LED technology has made in lighting.
The ceiling light in the guest bedroom really isn't as "yellow" as it appears in this picture... but these two pictures were taken only a couple minutes apart.  When I sent the pictures to a friend in a text message to share the valances, and saw the images side by side... I
could clearly see the benefit of LED lighting in the work environment.  By the way, we do have an LED light fixture over the desk in the guest bedroom.



We often have mission projects we work on at quilting.  Pillowcase dresses are pretty easy to make and whoever it was that put the decorative embroidery and crocheting at the bottom of these pillowcases I am sure had no idea they would end up as dresses.  These will be sent off to Haiti along with several more.  White is not necessarily a good color to put on young children, but it was suggested that because of the adorned borders, these would likely be only used for special occasions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment