Sunday, September 30, 2018

Pull Apart Sandwich

Sometimes on Facebook you can find some pretty neat recipe videos... a few of which I have tried.  Many more I have gone to their website and saved the recipe for future possibilities.  I saw a recipe the other day that I determined was worth a try, although I knew I had to make a few modifications.  The reason this one caught my attention is I had some leftover beef that I had cooked in a crockpot.  The recipe video was started with a ribeye cut into strips... I was a few steps ahead because my beef was already cooked.  Next change from video which used Dr. Pepper in the sauce... I typically only have Ginger Ale on hand.  It called for a loaf of Italian bread... I had bread dough in the freezer, so I baked my bread.  I did go to the store to buy Provolone cheese. In keeping with my avoiding aluminum foil coming in contact with my food... whenever possible, I used parchment paper to wrap the loaf before I baked my creation long enough to melt the cheese.  I think they called this a Pull Apart Sandwich.  I had to document the process I used so I could repeat this scrumptious discovery.  It was even a Ron approved creation.  If anyone is interested in the recipe as I made it, leave me a note in the comments and I will share.

Birds can be a nuisance when they create nests on your porch, which is most annoying when you have to clean the walk... often.  It will be a while before they are back in nest building mode, but I was determined to find a deterrent before their return in the spring.  Best to do these kind of tasks before the problem reoccurs, and while it is fresh in your memory.  These plastic spikes might be a flop, but I'm hopeful that they will do the job they were intended for.  I previously tried a tinsel banner which they seemed to think quite amusing as they sat on the ledge with the tinsel floating all around them in the breeze.  It will be spring before I know whether my new deterrent is successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment