Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Cookie Cutters Found

Yesterday I saw a fancy pie on FB that inspired me to look for yet another hidden treasure.  I knew I had many cookie cutters, so not a problem... just didn't know it was going to be another treasure hunt.

These surely are not your typical cookie cutters.  Of course cookie cutters can come in a vast variety of shapes and sizes.  I bought these particular ones several years ago at IKEA. Until today, the tape had never been taken off the cover so I could take one out.  Things like these don't have very much purpose most of the time, until you remember you had these... somewhere, and you don't know where that somewhere is cause you have moved a couple times and nothing is in the place you remember you put them.  Now I don't make very many cookies that require using a cookie cutter, and especially not a moose... but this pack of cutters was with all the other cutters... but I could not remember where.

Persistence does pay off. I knew there was a possibility I might not have these anymore, but I did know I would still have cookie cutters... somewhere. I not only found these after many trips in and out of the garage and up and down the stairs, but I found a whole drawer full of cookie cutters. Of course, when you are on a treasure hunt you can find lots of things you didn't even know were lost.

I decided today would be a good day to make quiche and my cast iron biscuit pan was the perfect pan for little mini-quiche delights. I sauteed some mushrooms and onions, then added some mixed veggies.
Topped it off with some shredded cheese before adding my egg/milk finish.


I did use two of my cookie cutters to try out the pie crust critter thing, but I am not sure this technique works too well on top of a mini-quiche.  Besides the squirrel and snail were a little big for this biscuit pan. In order to have them show up, I think I needed to brush them with an egg wash so they would brown up a little.

Oh well, these tasted wonderful and a mini-quiche with a little salad on the side made a perfect lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment