Thursday, September 3, 2020

Quilts are in the queue


I have been focusing on some of my completed tops that have been waiting to be quilted.  Some have been in the queue for a long time.  I gathered them all in one place and proceeded to measure them. It was then that I found out there were no appropriate backings to be found in my stash.  The backings for five quilts have now been ordered and should be here soon.

First on the list is my Star for a New Day quilt that has been waiting for more than ten years to be quilted.  It was featured as a block of the month project and it used paper piecing. This project gave me the incentive to hone my skills with my paper piecing.  It was quite a challenge to take on.... the center medallion star does not show in this picture, but some of the pieces were quite small, which would have been next to impossible without the aid of the paper piecing technique.

These are a couple more small references for the other quilts.  I have accumulated quite a stack of quilts and decided it might be time to let some of them go. If any quilt I post happens to catch your eye, there is a possibility that it could be for sale. Make your inquiry and I can let you know what I think is a reasonable price... that is if it is one that I don't have a special attachment to.  This also includes many quilts I have posted previously.


 

Now back to the kitchen... the new kitchen, or so it seems.  We removed the Over the Range Microwave and put a new range hood and a shelf for some racks to display my favorite plates... they are red.  Of course the strip lighting creates a nice glow to enhance the new look.


The new microwave moved to the other side of the kitchen.  Did I say that my kitchen is not very big.  The addition of the new island finished off the ambiance of my great little kitchen.  The stainless steel top has already proved to be a quite awesome work surface, and the additional drawers are great.  Even though we added an additional, semi-large piece of furniture to the middle of the kitchen, the whole area feels more roomy and organized.

I smile when I walk into the kitchen... it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment