Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Heffalump


 She is known as Shorty, but she is often referenced by a few other names. This morning Heffalump came to mind as she positioned herself on my lap.  She knows how to get quite comfortable. 

Shorty is an old kitty, well semi-old anyhow... 13.  Since we left Wildflower, she has become an indoor kitty and has lost her youthful physique as a result of a "less active" lifestyle. She does not like to be picked up, but has no problem invading your space... if she is in the mood. Very lovey at times.

One of the hazards of kitties in the house is the occasional mishap that can occur.  I think it was likely Boston, who loves our bed, who put a hole in one of my prized quilts.  The hole was towards the edge, so I just think she grabbed ahold when she was jumping up on the bed.  The resulting hole was only about the size of a quarter, but if left unattended would certainly have grown larger.

Once the hole was discovered, I removed the quilt from the bed to keep it safe while I hunted for a scrap of fabric.  I was sure it could takes months to locate the scraps I knew were hiding someplace. 

I had made a few expeditions into my stash to explore all the nooks and crannies that fabric can hide in, without success. When I finally found this little stack of triangles, it was kind of like when you stop looking for something and it just shows up.  Totally not on my agenda to search for this scrap yesterday.  I was in my quilt room and decided I should do some reorganizing when I discovered this little plastic container with random stacks of little cut scraps.  This little stack of triangles are the only scraps I found from this quilt.

I thought it was amazing that I made this discovery, but even more pleased at how well fabric glue can work on little holes. I know where the hole was, but even I have to search for where the hole was.

No comments:

Post a Comment