Monday, January 18, 2010

BOM - piecing is complete

I would like to say that it is done, but I do have to add two outside borders... a 2" and a 4" to make it fit the bed better. Without these two additional borders the quilt top is only 84" square right now. If I add 12" (6" all around) to that it still keeps the quilt under 100" which is as large as I want to try to quilt on my frame.

If you haven't heard about The Quilt Show online, you really need to go check it out. The web address is http://www.thequiltshow.com/ . If not for this connection, I would not have had the opportunity to create this beautiful quilt. Never dreamed I could get so intricate. The instructions, in pdf format, and the videos that went along with each segment, made it very easy to accomplish something of this magnitude. Now that my piecing is all done, today I watched the newest show that featured Carol Doak who is the Queen of Paper Piecing. I learned additional techniques that I wish I knew before I started this project.

Now the Quilt Show does have a yearly fee involved, but it is minimal considering all the money that I spend on quilt books, etc. I did my BOM using the website patterns & instructions... and all the fabric was from my "stash". They had kits available, but it was not required to buy a kit. Quilting will add a new level appreciation for what I have already experienced here, but all I can say right now is "Wow, I did that".

No comments:

Post a Comment