Friday, April 2, 2010

Balancing Act

I started prepping a quilt to be put on my quilting frame.  The quilt I began with this morning belongs to a friend, which I had reluctantly let her slip the quilt in my queue a couple weeks ago.  You know how exceptions go... please, please, please, just this one.  I had made the announcement at my quilt meeting that I would not be doing anyone's quilt besides my own until September.  I had finished piecing the backing to make it wide enough, and before I sewed it onto the leaders, I went out to my studio to see what color thread I would use.  Well the blue I thought I had was not to be found.  I'm not sure if it is hiding, or I just do not have any appropriate blue left... Big PLUS... I have to order thread.  That means I can put one of my own quilt tops on my frame.  That is major.  It has been a while since I have had one of my own quilts on my frame.

The quilt that I have now prepped of my own is called Balancing Act and it was featured in the April 2009 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. There were so many colors involved in this quilt that I opted to purchase the kit.  I pieced this quilt when I was at our cabin in Colorado early last summer.  I found the backing I was going to use in September, also while back out  in Colorado.  The big wait has been a time issue.  The outdoor pictures were taken in back of our cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment