Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Banjos and Pictures

Ron has a variety of musical instruments, and some he has had for a very long time.  One of the older banjos he had needed to have the head replaced.  He ordered a couple new parts in hopes that he could get the banjo back up to operating condition.  He found out in the process that the head was a special size and it appeared to be not quite as straight forward as it might have been.  With persistence and determination he was able to resize the base to accommodate one of the new heads that he bought. 
 
 I didn't get a picture when he had it totally apart, but I had no idea how many layers and pieces there are to this banjo.  He has it all back together and ready to return to his grandson.  It isn't an expensive banjo, but it sure is impressive to someone who knows very little about what a fancy one is supposed to look like.



The guest room is coming along.  It even has a recliner. Someone posted on FB the other day that they were putting together a family picture wall.  I am not sure it will be a fancy picture wall...  it's in the guest room upstairs.  I will give it my best to make it pleasing to look at. I have lots of family pictures, too numerous to display on a wall, but I thought I could gather a few together and create our little gallery.  Right now many pictures are just tacked up as place holders.  Some will have to be printed in a larger format. I also have to find some new frames to help with the presentation.  This is my start.

Last but not least, my brother was driving through the area and got real close again.  It is not easy to find a place to pull a big rig over on our country roads, but we found a mini truck stop not too far out where we could have a quick chat/visit.  It was much easier than driving up into Columbus like we did last week. That is the second time I got to see him in less than one week.  Woohoo for Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment