Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dinosaurs

Mr. Creation has been laying pretty low these past few months, so I thought it would be fitting to make a new quilt and bring a smile to his face.
I made a bed size quilt a while back, including a center panel with lots of dinosaurs.  Ron really likes that quilt, but it is too large to drag out and cover up with while he is watching TV.  I had lots of scrap fabric left from this larger quilt, and I found a really good way to use a fair amount of this extra fabric to make a lap quilt with fleece on the back, for a little extra added warmth.  I made a quilt recently that I used minky on the back and Ron thought that was a great idea.  This lap size quilt really does have a nice feel, and it definitely is warm... and it has dinosaurs.

Ron's tip that he discovered the other day came into play again today... The tip about having the presser foot up when you thread your machine.  I frequently have issues with my 40 wt. polyester thread on my Baby Lock... so much so that I usually avoid using it on the Baby Lock.  Today I really wanted to use a variegated thread and decided it was worth a try with that tip in mind.  I made sure to lift the presser foot and threaded the variegated and stitched the binding down using a decorative stitch and I made it all around the quilt without one thread break.  That has never happened before... but before yesterday I almost never had the presser foot up when I threaded my machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment