Monday, February 12, 2018

Pizza

Today seemed like a good day to make pizza.  Of course that would be because I took pizza dough out of the freezer yesterday with the intent of making pizza for supper, but time seemed to get ahead of me, supper time rolled around and I hadn't started the pizza yet.  I have made pizza many different ways over the years, but making my own crust requiring a fair amount of time for the dough to rise has become my preferred method.  My recipe makes multiple pizzas, so I freeze the extra dough.  I bake my pizza at 425 and pre-bake the crust on my pizza stone, lined with parchment paper, for 5 minutes before I put any toppings on.  My usual topping is pepperoni.
I read a tip somewhere that suggested sprinkling Parmesan cheese over the pepperoni before adding the shredded cheese on top adds a nice flavor boost to the cheese.  Yummy lunch!

 In the quilt room I have a friends T-shirt quilt on the frame, ready to be quilted.  I have been trying to determine the best color to use for thread.  She did an awesome job of putting this quilt together and I am looking forward to making the quilting the finishing touch.

Still pretty chilly outside, but a bit warmer than it has been recently.  The best part today is that the sun was brightly shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment