Sunday, February 18, 2018

Wandering in Logan

Early last week we decided to take a ride down into the Hocking Hills.  It has been a while (years) since we ventured down in that direction.  It actually is an area that we have both had minimal exposure, but it has lots of treasures hidden in its many hills.  It was about lunchtime, so finding this restaurant in Logan fit right into the ambiance of the area.  The buffet was one of the best ones we have had the pleasure to enjoy.  Although we didn't do any real shopping, their gift shop, that we passed through on the way out, had some interesting items.  Another time, when it is warmer, we might visit this restaurant again and some of the little shops across the parking lot... antiques and glassware among those I can remember.

I finished quilting a really large t-shirt quilt for a friend this week.  The picture only shows a small portion of the events and sports that this treasure represents. Hard to believe that one child was able to achieve all the memories made while acquiring these shirts.

Here's an interesting technique that I recently revived.  My grand-daughter wanted me to teach her how to use the hook I showed her that had crochet hooks on both ends.  The crohook that she had spotted in my sewing room was a short version of this one.  Even the shorter ones were made by Ron, but I noted that Joyce... the lady who taught me how to CroKnit, had an even longer one.  Next thing I knew Ron had made some new Crohooks, and they were 36" long.  CroKnit is a cross between crocheting and knitting and the final result is a reversible, two color afghan.  It has been a very long time since I had done any croknitting, but it didn't take long to get back up to speed.  Joyce would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment